WIGHTLINK SUSPENDS ALL FISHBOURNE-PORTSMOUTH SAILINGS AFTER BOAT COLLISION

Wightlink has been forced to suspend its Fishbourne-Portsmouth car ferry service following a berthing collision earlier this morning (Tuesday).

It was shortly before 08:00 that the St Clare collided with the upper linkspan whilst docking at Portsmouth Gunwharf.

Due to the damage sustained to both the infrastructure and St Clare itself, it is not currently possible for vehicles or passengers to be unloaded. The situation comes slap bang in the middle of half term week.

Wightlink says that all sailings are cancelled until at least 15:20 from Gunwharf and 16:20 from Fishbourne, whilst engineers assess the situation and ensure it is safe to resume operations.

It is said that teams are working hard to find solutions to minimise disruption to customers.

A spokesperson has said:

“All other routes are operating as normal.

“We will provide further updates across all our channels as soon as more information is available. Please check our website for the latest travel information. If you have urgent travel plans, we strongly recommend making alternative arrangements where possible”.

Share the Post:

Join Our Newsletter